[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 20 most recent journal entries recorded in
Parents of 2003 babies' LiveJournal:
[ << Previous 20 ]
[ << Previous 20 ]
|Tuesday, January 20th, 2009|
Wow, I've been gone awhile!
Well, it's my son Ben's 6th birthday! I imagine all of you are going to have 6 year olds this year too. ;-)
We usually wait to have the large family party in February, since his brother turns 5 in March, and most of them live out of town. :-( So we just had a small get-together at my parents'. He had a great time, and he received the movie "Wall-E"...which I've been dying to see. LOL.
Hope everyone is well, and happy birthday to all our January 6-yr-olds!! :-D
|Thursday, January 1st, 2009|
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good baby sling? I want to be able to use it when nursing to hold the baby in place and comfortably nurse in public.
Also, I joined this community when my son, who was born in 2003, was still a baby, and now I have a new baby, born in September of 2008. I just created a community for parents of children born in 2008. I look forward to connecting with you if you would like to join!babies_of_2003 Current Mood: curious
|Wednesday, September 17th, 2008|
Hi! My name is Jamie, a 28 y.o. stay-at-home mom of five kids. They are aged 6, 5, 4, 2, and 1.
My 5 year old is named Lelan Bennet, but I call him Ben. My ex-husband named him after his deceased father, which is nice, but I do NOT like the name!! :P Ben is border-line autistic, but extremely intelligent. He was diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Development Disorder), when he was two, and one of his main problems is that he's anti-social. While the other kids in the household were learning to talk and walk, he was sitting down looking at books and learning his alphabet. By age 2, he could repeat the entire alphabet, forwards and backwards.
By age 3, he could write his letters.
Age 4, he could read larger words.
Age 5, he is now in kindergarten, but has a special class to go to three times a week. He has already been tested for the gifted class (enrichment program), even though they normally don't do that until 2nd grade. He can read anything you set in front of him, and can write out long, complicated sentences with little to no help.
He is very highly developed in those areas, but in other areas, he is sorely lacking. He does not like physical contact, and often gets in trouble on the playground at school, because he does not want to be around other kids. We take the kids to the park often, since it's only three streets away from our home, and encourage him to climb the equipment, and make a HUGE deal out of it when he decides to go down a slide or swing. It seems to be working little by little.
He is not fully autistic, but so close on the scale that it's scary. We love our little man, and are happy with the progress he's made! :) Current Mood: hopeful
|Friday, July 4th, 2008|
|Monday, June 16th, 2008|
Question about strange habbits..
Hello all, I have a quick question about a couple strange habbits my son Logan has. He will be 5 on July 25. Anyway here they are:
1) He picks his lips until they are bloody. This is partly my fault because I go through periods where I sometimes pick my lips when I get nervous/bored. But he picks them and picks them until they bleed. He says it's because he doesn't like the scabs on his lips and I tell them they won't go away until he quits picking them but he doesn't understand that.
2) He is constantly sniffing. Like you sniff when you have a cold or something. But there's nothing there. OR he'll need to blow his nose but he just sniffs it. It's constant like once a minute or something like that. He's not sick, sneezing or has any diagnosed allergies. Then most times when I ask him to blow his nose he doesn't have anything in there.
Anyone have suggestions on getting these to quit? I am not looking to medicate him. Thank you! Current Mood: curious
|Thursday, August 23rd, 2007|
I found a nifty site through an email group I am in. You can exchange kids stuff for "free."
Get two extra points when you join if you use this
NEW MEMBER REFERRAL CODE - FMPYEF
x-posted a few places.
|Sunday, June 17th, 2007|
|Saturday, May 12th, 2007|
1. What's your name? Kim
2. What's your kid(s) name(s)? Hannah
3. When were he/she/they born? Dec. 28th, 2003
4. Where are you from? Barrie
5. What are your hobbies? Not much other than being a mom and working!
6. What is you (your spouse)'s job? I am a financial planner and my husband is a table games supervisor in a casino.
7. What are your child(ren)'s personality(s) like? Hannah is very high strung and spirited!
8. Do your kids look like you and how? She has my eyes (although blue not brown) and she has my facial features.
9. What are some things you learned so far in your 2003 baby's life? Patience!
10. What ways have your kid(s) amazed you? How intelligent she is, how sensitive and caring she is and that she is going to do big things with her life!
11. Got any pictures of the lil squirt? Yes I do, and I will post them later! Current Mood: cheerful
|Saturday, May 5th, 2007|
paper for school
This is a paper i just finished up for school about pre-kindergarten readiness. It is behind a cut as it is 13 pages long, and yes, i need to format the citations correctly :) , but i was posting it as i wanted to see what people thought. If nobody is interested in reading it though, because it is a bit long, i would understand.
So, if you want, thanks for reading and feedback. :)
Cross posted to a lot of education communities.
|Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007|
I have 2 little boys with birthdays this month!
Jaden will be 4 the 13th
Damien will be 3 the 22nd
I can't believe how fast everything has gone..
Anyway, I have been trying to pick out and advise family/friends of good things to get them this year. For the most part its easy.
The only thing I am having a little trouble with is this Thomas the Train business.. Damien is OBSESSED with that stupid train!! Anything remotely related to it makes him just so happy and excited. Its adorable. Buying the stuff is not, however. I don't like keeping track of all the pieces, train tracks are a pain, there are 3 different series of trains to choose from, most of it is way over priced, etc. etc.
Soo, does anyone have any really cool Thomas toys that you would recommend?
Or even really cool 3-4 year presents in general?
One thing I know I would like to get the boys this year is something power wheelish (hah). They are both old enough to enjoy one. Its something they can do together, outside, etc. etc.
Any suggestions on that? Or do you think they are more work and storage space than it's worth?
and because we all know text-only posts are boring here is a lil photo of Jaden and Damien looking out the window:( Read more...Collapse ) Current Mood: chipper
|Thursday, April 19th, 2007|
A friend of mine reminded me of this:
"Totally off topic, but I glanced at the ticker on your profile: Aeryn is 3 to the 4th power today - 3 yrs, 3 months, 3 weeks,and 3 days old!"
I'm such a dork, I love stuff like that!
|Monday, April 9th, 2007|
1. What's your name? Mandi
2. What's your kid(s) name(s)? Kaitlyn Mae
3. When were he/she/they born? she was born June 24, 2003
4. Where are you from? OH
5. What are your hobbies? playing with my daughter, working outside in the yard, kids in general, cooking
6. What is you (your spouse)'s job? My husband works at a boring job here in OH lol
7. What are your child(ren)'s personality(s) like? my daughter is a very strong, stubborn girl. She is a sweetheart!!
8. Do your kids look like you and how? My daughter looks like me, she has some of my facial features.
9. What are some things you learned so far in your 2003 baby's life? PATIENCE!! :) and ive learned to slow down, and look at things like im seeing them for the first time
10. What ways have your kid(s) amazed you? My daughter has taught me so much, i can remember the first time she ever saw a bird, she just stared in amazement because she had never seen one. Now when i look at one it makes me think of how innocent she is.
11. Got any pictures of the lil squirt? Will post soon!!
|Monday, March 19th, 2007|
Frustration. My 3 year old is not sleeping like I would like.
She has always started her night with me or her dad laying down with her to sleep in our bed, then eventually, if we aren’t too tired or lazy, we transport her to her room. Problem:
She does not always fall asleep in a timely manner, which causes one parent to have to go to bed early and stay in bed until she falls asleep. This cuts our night short and makes things difficult if there are other things that still need to get done. For a while she would stay in her own room after transport. Now she comes back into our room and either goes back to sleep in our bed or if it’s light out, thinks she needs to be up, or wants to sleep downstairs (but really wants to eat or watch TV).
What is the solution for getting her to start in her own room and stay there? When she was younger, we had her gated in, then we needed the gates for the new baby. We’ve now taken the gates down again. I am going to be a single parent soon. My husband is being deployed in a couple months for a year+ and I would like to be able to be up passed 8:30/9:00.
|Monday, March 5th, 2007|
"I don't like you, I only like daddy!"
My four-year old has been saying this and it's starting to get on my nerves. He's 4, isn't he old enough to understand about "hurting someone's feelings"? I wouldn't mind if he said he liked daddy better, What I mind is him telling me "I don't like you" over and over again. I've explained that it makes me sad when he says that he doesn't like me. He seems to think that he can only like one person and that person for the time being is daddy. Has anyone else had this experience?
He doesn't do this when I'm reprimanding him or putting him in a time-out. He just says it periodically.
|Monday, February 26th, 2007|
1. What's your name? Jennie
2. What's your kid(s) name(s)?Caileigh (4) and Averie (almost 6 months)
3. When were he/she/they born? Caileigh on 2/4/03 and Averie 9/8/06
4. Where are you from?I am from Missouri but currently live in Kansas near Fort Riley
5. What are your hobbies?reading, yoga, photography, softball
6. What is you (your spouse)'s job?I am an at home mom and my husband is Active Duty Army and he currently deployed
7. What are your child(ren)'s personality(s) like?Caileigh is a take charge sort of girl and Averie is so much more laid back compared to her sister
8. Do your kids look like you and how?Everyone says Averie looks like me and Caileigh is the spitting image of her father.
9. What are some things you learned so far in your 2003 baby's life? What haven't I learned more like it, Caileigh is such an individual she wants to do everything herself and loves when you give her the chance to help out.
10. What ways have your kid(s) amazed you? It's so nice to get be able to stay at home with them. Watch them learn and grow and get to know them. I am happy that we can afford for me to stay home.
11. Got any pictures of the lil squirt?Of course I do, what else would an aspiring photographer take pictures of other than her children. ( Read more...Collapse ) Current Mood: busy
|Sunday, February 25th, 2007|
Hey all, my 3 1/2 year old son keeps touching his penis. It doesn't matter if he's mad, sad, happy or curious.. he is always touching it. When I catch him doing it I tell him not to touch it and that it is only something he should touch in the bathroom or his bedroom but it hasn't stopped.
My dad told me it is normal and just to ignore it but it really drives me crazy!
Are your boys doing this?
|Tuesday, February 6th, 2007|
New here :)
1. What's your name?
my name is Kayla
2. What's your kid(s) name(s)?
Marieka, and Leya
3. When were he/she/they born?
Meeka was born in Feb 2003, and Leya Jan 2007
4. Where are you from?
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5. What are your hobbies?
I have no time for anything but kids right now, but i love to swim, walk and work out
6. What is you (your spouse)'s job?
I am a SAHM and my DH works for an IBM call center in our city
7. What are your child(ren)'s personality(s) like?
Meeka is a princess with a temper lol
Leya is too young to really know yet
8. Do your kids look like you and how?
Nope...ALL daddy lol
9. What are some things you learned so far in your 2003 baby's life?
that they can ride an emotional rollercoaster over and over again in a day :) just for one
10. What ways have your kid(s) amazed you?
How smart she is, daddy says she is 3 going on 20 lol
11. Got any pictures of the lil squirt?
|Thursday, January 25th, 2007|
Anyone got any tried and true methods for getting gum out of hair? I'd prefer not to have to cut her hair. and it's a fairly small amount
|Sunday, December 3rd, 2006|
I am soo happy with the progress Mayden has been doing.SHe finally woke up one morning and must have said to herself"no more diapers,potty time".And since,she has only had one accident which was at the beginning.She has been doing good for 1 month now.Granted,I had a full box of size 6 diapers I had to find someone to buy them off of me.Which took about 3 weeks.But I am happy with that.
I took her shopping a few days after she began her "Potty Time" and told her she could pick any type of panties she wanted.And oh what a surprise that she picked "Dora and Boots" ones.So now she has Dora,Boots,Blues Clues,Curious George,and some regular pink ones.
Shhh,I bought her some that she wanted but I didn't buy her as a christmas present.Winnie The Pooh,Bob The Builder and Barbie.She is going to freak out Christmas morning.
Here are a few pictures of her.Just to update how pretty she is 8>)
Here is Mayden on the left holding onto her little sisters hand,Makenna.
No she is not a boy,haha.But she does look like one here.Oh well.It's a big difference in pictures.Look Twins,one boy one girl,lmao.. Current Mood: amused